Sunday, December 05, 2010

Ahh, Weekends...

Everyone loves the weekends. It's what we strive for during the work week (along with a paycheck). I'm no different. Not because I dislike my job, because I am actually one of the few people in the world that loves what I do, but because it's fabulous getting to spend two full days with my family. <3

Saturday was not unlike any other. Jesse played football in the morning while Scarlett and I went shopping. Every year, my employer participates in a Christmas gift program for local Children & Youth kids. This year I was feeling particularly spunky and chose TWO mittens instead of one. Scarlett and I chose a few outfits for each child, a coat for each and a few toys as well. I spent a tad bit more than planned (this was confirmed when Jesse goes, "Sweet Jesus, HOW much did you spend?) But....This is what the holidays are all about. We are fortunate enough to be able to give our child(ren) anything they may want or need. Others are not, so if I can help make two kids have an enjoyable Christmas, my job is done. Nothing feels better than being able to do something to help someone in need.

After our little shopping excursion, Scarlett and I stopped to visit Pappy C. for a while. (Grammy had to work, BOO) Scarlett made Pap break out the Hot Wheels for her to play with. Then she wanted bread. Yes, bread. My child is a weirdo and likes bread. So, she had two pieces of bread and an apple during our visit.

When we got home, of course I had to turn our friend BARNEY on tv. I was able to wrap all of the gifts for the kids and get them put in their gift bags to take into work tomorrow. After Jesse got home, we all kind of lazed around on the couch, watching movies while I crocheted. I took this sweet little jem of a picture, which pretty much sums up that afternoon.


Jas came over to visit us for a while Saturday night too. We called and ordered pizza from Rocco's. Their pizza isn't so fabulous, but LORD do their cheesesteaks rock. They always take FOREVER to deliver too. Although, they're the only people who deliver in our rinky dink town, so that was why I sacrificed taste for having to go out in the cold to pick up a pizza from Picarellas. :) Scarlett ended up snuggling with Daddy on the couch, and falling asleep before our dinner could get there. We tried waking her up to eat, but she refused. She slept on the couch while we ate our pizza, then Jesse carried her to bed and that was that.

After we got our showers, we snuggled up on the couch again to finish watching a movie we we paused halfway through. I worked on one of my Christmas dishcloths I started for a few gift baskets I'm going to make. I like how it's coming out. I am doing a new pattern with something called a Grit Stitch. It makes fun little V clusters that sorta look like snakeskin.
Sunday was actually kind of busy, once we finally got up and around. I made us pink pancakes for breakfast, then Jesse thought it would be a good idea to rearrange what we call our "long room". The room is long and narrow and there's not much we've been able to do with it up to this point. Jesse had a good idea to move our dining room table where we had our desks, and vice versa. So, since I obviously couldn't help move the heavy things, I vacuumed, dusted and moved the little things. It looks a LOT better, like we have two separate rooms. Good job, Jesse. :)

Now it's time for Sunday night football and to finish up this dishcloth. Since it's mostly single crochets, it takes a while, not to mention eats up a lot of yarn. I think I'll only be getting two dishcloths out of the 2 balls I bought, rather than the normal 4.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment