Sunday, December 19, 2010

Successful Crocheting Week!

I've gotten quite a bit accomplished this week, both with crocheting and with Christmas gift buying/wrapping. All gifts are purchased and wrapped, aside from one or two small things I need to pick up this week.

I've made three scarves since last Sunday. I posted Felicia's scarf a few days ago. On Thursday I finished a scarf for my OB/GYN. She is an outstanding person, and I wanted to do something nice for her. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure what color(s) to do for her, so I just did purple and pink. I am quite pleased with how it came out.

The second project I started yesterday was a baby cocoon for Ben. I accidentally bought yarn that was lighter than what the pattern called for, so I've had to wing it a bit. The WHOLE thing is single crochet's so it's taking a while. I figured I'd finish all of my Christmas dishcloths (DONE) before I really focused on that.

Today I started a scarf for my cousin. He has a quirky sense of humor, like me, and when I saw the pattern for a bacon scarf, I HAD to make it. I started it this afternoon and had it done by dinner time. I was the most fun scarf I've ever made. I giggled like a 5 year old the whole time. I hope he likes it as much as I do! It came out quite nicely.






I still need to finish Ben's blanket. I will try to focus on that this week. He could be here any day now. Just look at how huge this belly is, compared to where I was two weeks later than this when I was pregnant with Scarlett. I'm gonna tip over here pretty soon!!


I'm not sure how much posting I will be doing between now and New Years, depending on when he decides to come. So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment